Sunday, December 13, 2009

Are You sick of this yet? You will be...

I never thought my cat going on a diet would warrant constant updates, however, this has proven to be quite amusing. This may also be due to the fact that I have nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon than watch my cat wander aimlessly about the apartment in search of a mere kernel of food.

After the incident with her diving head first into the food bag, I moved the cat food onto an inaccessible shelf. The dog food has also been closed up tight, yet still within reach of nose poking. Kitty promptly jumped on top of the dog crate to snag a quick nibble, but lo and behold, the kitty kibble is missing! This produced some confused looks and sniffing the air.

I assume she caught a whiff of the bag on the high shelf, since she decided to perch herself precariously on top of some stacked blankets and a bag of wood chips for our smoke house unit. I imagine she was considering jumping from her leaning tower of blankets to a very unstable looking tower of boxes stacked on top the afore mentioned smoke house thingy. However, she did not get this far. The tower of blankets unceremoniously dumped her kitty-butt off the dog crate and onto a full bag of dog food. Kitty scrambled out of this tight space, wide-eyed. But mere seconds later, she halts her mad dash to casually lick her front leg. 'What? I meant to do that!'

I think it is safe to say, I am having much more fun with this cat diet than she is!

2 comments:

salsa / aka nicole said...

this is hilarious! i never thought a cat diet would be so funny...

Ardnic said...

I couldn't imagine putting my cat on a diet, he is 16 lbs of menacing mass that would chew my arm off if he would had to go w/o food! Good luck!