Thursday, October 30, 2008

My time is nearly done here...

Tomorrow is my last day working at the center. I have had a great time and I have learned so much. I really do love this area of Wisconsin and I hope to come back to visit soon.

I've been thinking about where my life is going in the next year or so. I've applied to the Peace Corps, but with the budget cuts they have been suffering from I am not keeping my hopes up about being nominated. I can't help but have second thoughts about it also. The great thing about Peace Corps is that it is a program that has no age limitations. I can do this any time in my life.

Not having a job lined up before I go back to Fairbanks is a little irritating to me. I have applied to the Fairbanks North Star Borough last month, so far paperwork is still going through HR so I don't know if I have been chosen or not. I've applied to Princess and a Vet clinic. Hopefully I'll have a job within a week or so. If not I might have to resort back to car rental jobs...at least Budget offers benefits.

Next month I am doing the national novel writing month. The goal is to write 50,000 words in a month. I am hoping the deadline will push me into actually finishing something. I will keep you all updated.

For now, I am going to enjoy my final day here, watch some horror movies for Halloween and prepare for the long couple days of air travel.

Cheers!

No comments: