Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bear Release

Today we released four of six 10 month old black bears. I have some pictures of the release in my album HERE . In a week from today we will be releasing 5 juvenile bald eagles.

Its been relatively busy with closing winter projects, and I've been trying to write some articles for the quarterly newsletter here at the center. The autumn colors here in Minocqua have been absolutely amazing. I have missed a proper fall for the past five years since I moved to Fairbanks. I didn't realize how much I missed it. However, I do miss Fairbanks and everyone there. It won't be long and I'll be back home!

1 comment:

derrick said...

Hi Melissa!
Sounds like your having lots of fun! I love the bear pics! What a great experience!
Hey, if you get a chance(when your not busy...yeah right) do you think you could send me your recipe for smoked salmon pasta salad. I have some fish to smoke and everybody wants me to make the dish you brought. Its no rush, just if you get a chance. Thanks! Hope you have a great day. Derrick