Thursday, December 4, 2008

Wisdom teeth, round 1.

I got one of my wisdom teeth pulled today. Ok pulled isn't quite the right word, it was cut out really. I didn't have enough money to get more than one out at a time, but she decided to take out the worst one because it was in the same area that two seals and a filling needed to be place. The appointment took two hours and wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Granted my face is still numb...but really I was thinking it would be a lot worse.

Apparently the tooth was impacted and growing at a 90 degree angle. The tooth had to be cut in four pieces to be removed and part of the bone in my jaw had to be cut away. The sound of the saws and the crunching of bone didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. It was the numbing shot I think that bothered me the most. It gave me horrible shakes and I got really cold right after the shots. As a result I found myself tensing up and had to actively make my body relax.

Now I am set up with a cold compress and some painkillers. I don't plan on going into work tomorrow, but I might a little in the afternoon if only to go to the office's holiday party. I want to make up the hours I missed sometime on Saturday or Sunday. I hope I can keep my brain about me through these painkillers. It shall be an interesting weekend indeed.

No comments: